GENERAL RULES, MAINTENANCE OF DISCIPLINE, ORDINANCES
- The room allotted during admission is for a specific period. No resident on her own accord shall shift from the room allotted to her to another room. No furniture should be shifted from one room to another and no additional furniture can be brought into the House without prior permission from the Warden/Resident Tutor
- Residents are not allowed to hand over keys of their room to any person while proceeding on night out, out- station stay or while vacating the room.
- Rooms are subject to surprise checks by the House Administration whenever found necessary.
- Possession and/or consumption of alcoholic drinks/intoxicants is strictly prohibited in the House. Residents are not allowed to enter the House in an inebriated state. The House is a No Smoking Zone
- Ragging is banned. Strict Disciplinary action will be taken against ragging in the House as per the orders of the Supreme Court of India and UGC directions. Candidates applying to the House will be required to submit two affidavits regarding anti-ragging rules ie their own as well from their local guardians/parents. All matters relating to ragging and discipline amongst students are governed by Ordinances XV (B) and XV (C).
For details see http://du.ac.in/du/ragging_ugc_regulations.pdf
- Prohibition of and Punishment for Sexual Harassment: Sexual Harassment is a serious offence. The definition of sexual harassment includes unwelcome sexual advances, and verbal, non-verbal and/ or physical conduct such as loaded comments, remarks or jokes, letters, phone calls or emails, gestures, exhibition of pornography, lurid stares, physical contact, stalking, sounds or display of a derogatory nature that shall have the purpose and/or effect of interfering with an individual’s performance of creating an intimidating, hostile or offensive environment. For details, see University of Delhi, Ordinance XV(D): http://www.du.ac.in/du/SexHarass-Ordn.pdf
- All residents are required to report back daily latest by 11 P.M.
- At their own risk, residents can avail a maximum of 8 late nights a month. This information is to be recorded in the late night register in advance.
- For outstation travelling, the students are required to give an application even if it is for less than 7 days.
- Any complaint or suggestion regarding food should be channeled through the Mess Convenor, House Keeper and Warden. Residents should not directly complain or suggest changes in the menu to the mess staff.
- Any complaint or suggestion regarding cleanliness should be channeled through the House Keeper. Residents should not directly complain or suggest changes to the cleaning staff.
- The House Administration is authorized to evict any resident and guest from the House premises, on the grounds of indiscipline.
- Admission shall be terminated in case of a student against whom disciplinary action has been taken by a department / college / Hostel of the University of Delhi.
- Residents must behave with dignity and respect while interacting with the other residents and staff of the House.
- Lights and fans should be switched off when not in use. Water should be used conscientiously to avoid any wastage. Cooking & ironing in the room are strictly prohibited.
- Residents who wish to use a room cooler, room heater (heat convector) etc. in their rooms should take prior permission from the Warden/Resident Tutor . An appropriate charge will be levied for the use of these electrical appliances Residents are advised to consult the Care-taker before using any electrical appliance in their rooms.
- Every resident is responsible for the care of the House property. Residents will be charged individually or collectively, as the case may be, for causing any damage to the House property.
- Residents are expected to maintain their rooms and co-operate in maintaining washrooms, common areas and surroundings.
- Pasting of posters, banners and notices is not permitted in and around the House.
- Every resident is required to obtain an Identity Card with photograph from the House office and keep it safely for verification on demand. In case of loss, a duplicate Identity Card will be issued on payment of Rs.100.
- Residents should clear all the dues and get a clearance certificate from the House office at least seven days in advance during office hours before vacating the House.
- Residents are solely responsible for their possessions.
- If any resident has any personal repair work, this can be carried out with prior permission from the Warden/ Resident Tutor. The Caretaker has to accompany the person employed for the task by the resident.
- Residents are not allowed to keep pets in the House premises.
- Residents remaining absent from the House without intimation/permission will be liable to disciplinary action. The authorities reserve the right to take possession of the room. The luggage of the resident concerned, if any, will be deposited in the store-room of the House. During this period the resident will be charged penal rent @ Rs. 50 per day for the luggage. If the luggage is not claimed within a month, the authorities, may dispose it off in any manner considered suitable.
- In the case of excursion/field work etc. the resident must get their leave application forwarded and recommended by the Head of the Department and submit the same to the House office for permission seven days before
proceeding on such a tour.
- Resident should intimate the office of any change in address and telephone number of parents/ guardians and local guardians, at the earliest.
- In case of Illness: In case a resident falls ill with contagious/infectious disease, she will have to move to the medical room and will be shifted to a University recommended hospital if suggested by the medical doctor. She will be allowed to rejoin the House on producing a fitness certificate from the WUS Health Centre.
- Residents of the House shall have to be members of the World University Service Health Center maintained by the University of Delhi. A prescribed form available from the House office for the purpose should be filled in and submitted at the time of admission.
- Dining Hall Rules and Timings
- The House follows self-service system in the dining hall.
- The day-to-day management of the mess will be carried out by the Warden with the active participation of the mess committee and other residents.
- Food will not be served to the residents, employees and guests outside the dining hall.
- In the case of illness, a resident may have her meal in her room in her own utensils with the prior permission of the Warden/House Keeper.
- Meals will be served as per the following schedule:
Breakfast 7:30 A.M. – 9:00 A.M.
Lunch 1:00 P.M. – 2:30 P.M.
Evening Tea 5.00 PM- 5: 30 PM
Dinner 8:00 P.M. – 9:00 P.M.